Glazed carrots are easy to make and they pair very well with different types of pork roast, glazed ham and roast beef. This simple and elegant side dish can be great addition to your dinner party.
• 2 pounds of carrots, peeled
• 1 ½ tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted
• 2 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
• Dash of nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon of paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
• 4 ½ tablespoon of water or chicken stock
• 2 tablespoon of parsley, chopped
Combine carrots, 2 ½ tablespoons of chicken stock, butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours on low –or until carrots are almost done.
Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and remaining chicken stock in a small bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Pour cornstarch mixture over carrots. Set slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes – or until carrots are glazed. Transfer to serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.