Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Comforting Tropical Bananas

Today I have another dessert recipe inspired by the traditional flambé bananas. It’s a comforting dessert that takes me back to the tropics and memorable meals with old friends. I am not confident I can put food on fire without burning down the kitchen, so I created an easy recipe that is not flambéed.




Tropical Bananas:

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons of sugar

6 ripe bananas, peeled

2/3 cup of fresh orange juice

¼ cup of Alize liqueur (passion fruit w/ cognac blend)

1 tablespoon of orange liqueur

2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice

¼ cup of tropical blend juice, no sugar added

Vanilla ice-cream, for serving


Melt sugar in a large skillet until it’s completely liquid. Add orange juice, lime juice and the liqueur. Simmer the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes.

Add the bananas without cutting them. Work in batches if necessary. Cook the bananas for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.

Transfer each banana to individual serving plates. Top bananas with fruit syrup and serve it with ice cream.
Enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that looks so delicious!!! I am sitting at my table waiting to be served...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps this dessert is as good as your delicious pies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds YUMMY! I think I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete