Monday, February 1, 2010

Rio de Janeiro Insight

My sister just had the fortune of being down in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, she went to one of her favorite places to eat. She asked me to share with you this inside tip:

"When I am in Rio I love to go to Botequim Informal, a bar & restaurant close to the beach, in Copacabana, and ask for “tilapia with massed potatoes or rice”. Tilapia is a very common fish in Brazil. It’s very soft. Botequim Informal makes it grilled, with curry rice (my favorite) and salad or potato and salad. The portion is enormous and it is a very healthy and tasty food. For those who like  draft beer, Botequim Informal is also a very good choice. Go for it!"



By Carla Aranha

8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Brazil,but every time I think of Brazil I think; "Carnival". We lived off the coast of Venezuela, on a tiny island called Trinidad for about 5 years. They celebrated with a Carnival of their own. Great memories, beautiful Caribbean waters, lovely warm people !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Now I've got to get to Rio somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! The photo is beautiful! I have an award for you on my blog if you have time to stop by:
    http://lavenderdaisy.blogspot.com/2010/02/ive-got-sunshine-on-cloudy-day.html
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning!!! One of my friends is down there right now she is teaching there. I am looking forward to reading your blog, I am your newest follower! Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing sight!
    http://www.smartandtrendymoms.com/
    http://rockincupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I'd love to be there! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for visting us. Have a beautiful day:)

    ReplyDelete