Monday, January 25, 2010

Delectable Mushrooms!

Mushrooms can be part of a healthy diet. Some types of mushrooms are claimed to be cancer-fighters and they contain no fat or cholesterol. In my opinion, the qualities of mushrooms go way beyond its healthy benefits. They are also flavorful, easy to prepare and very versatile! I would like to share with you one of my very favorite recipes. It can definitely be the star of your next dinner party:


Provence Baked Mushrooms

Ingredients:
2 large Portabella mushroom caps
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
¾ cup of red wine
¼ teaspoon of paprika
¼ teaspoon of dried thyme (optional)
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
1/8 cup of cognac
Sea salt, to taste
1/3 cup of olive oil

Place mushroom caps in a baking sheet. Place all other ingredients but parsley in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour it over mushroom caps and let marinate at room temperature for one hour. Heat the oven to 3550F. Bake mushrooms uncovered for 15 minutes, sprinkle parsley and bake for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately with remaining cooking juices. It is a flavorsome complement to roasted or grilled meat.



If you need a mouth-watering appetizer for a bridal or cocktail party, replace the large mushroom for 8oz of baby Portabella mushroom caps. Bake it for 5 minutes and then add the parsley. Bake for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve it with thin sliced toast. I recommend sea salt bagel crisps or lightly toasted French baguette. It is to die for!!!


We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are”. Adelle Davis

6 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I wonder how well it would work with Shiitake mushrooms? I think I might have to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! I might try it as an appetizer for my baby's birthday party.

    http://audzipandesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mushrooms! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving mushrooms. This looks sooooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete